Friday, January 16, 2015

Startup financing: A guide to getting a small business loan

Image Source: nerdwallet.com



Most startups get their initial funding from friends, relatives, and close supporters, but before that money runs out, and in order to support greater growth, small business owners usually consider taking out a small business loan.

There are numerous financing options available to small business owners. The following are some of them.

Bank loans

Small businesses may stand a better chance of securing a loan if they approach a community bank in their area. Community banks focus on providing loans to local businesses and individuals. However, they do not have enough cash reserves to grant very large loans. In this case, a big bank chain is a good option.

Small Business Administration (SBA) loans

If unable to secure financing from a bank, an entrepreneur can approach the SBA for assistance.

The SBA itself does not grant loans, but it does endorse small business owners to lending institutions that offer loans guaranteed by the SBA. These loans are structured according to SBA standards. Business owners interested in this type of loan should visit the SBA office in their community for more detailed information on requirements and terms.

Other types of financing include lines of credit, short-term and long-term loans, and equipment loans.



Image Source: sba.gov


Small business loan requirements

Lending institutions require numerous documents. These include:

• Personal background information
• A detailed business plan that includes financial statements on profit and loss, cash flow, projected revenue, and the like
• A personal resume
• A comprehensive marketing plan
• Personal and business credit reports
• Personal and business income tax returns
• Legal documents, such as franchise agreements and articles of incorporation

Finance and business specifics aren't the only factors that lenders consider when screening loan applicants. Personal character, attitude, and demeanor also come into play.



Image Source: bankingsense.com



Steve Liefschultz is the chairman and CEO of The Remada Company. Subscribe to this blog to learn more about business financing.

6 comments:

  1. All thanks to Elegant loan firm for helping me secure a of $1,000,000.00 USD to establish my Foodstuff supermarket business in different places. I have been looking for a financial help for the past four years. But now, am completely stressed free all the help of the loan officer Mr Russ Harry. So, I will advise any person who seek for funds to improve his or her business to contact this great firm for help, and it is real and tested. You can reach them through- Email --Elegantloanfirm@Hotmail.com-  or Whats-app +393511617486.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone, I am Adorjan Adelmo from Yasinya village Ukraine and I just want to say a very resounding thanks to Pedro Financial loan services for their sincerity, Openness, Transparency, Truthfulness, Love and support during and after getting loan funds from them. I have been through a lot in the hands of in life and time won’t permit me to say all that I went through in the year of pandemic but God answered my prayers through the support and love from pedro Financial loan services who embraced me and understood me despite my initial doubt and unseriousness and with his good heart and love I am now a home owner through his 3% interest rate loan funds and I have vow to spread this news and also tell the world that there are still genuine and few good online loan firms out there that can assist and also revive a dry bone like I was.
    Don’t fail to listen and read this testimony because this is a true life changing experience and anyone that needs this kind of turn around should not hesitate or doubt this because I have proven and I swear to God in Heaven that this story is real and also the story of my experience with them .
    Contact them today for Consolidated loan, business loan, home loan, car loan, personal loan.

    Email: pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have a great article here, But let me share with you all here about my experience with a loan lender called Pedro Loans who helped me expand my business with his loan company that offered me a loan amount of 600,000.00 USD which I used to upgrade my business months ago. He was really awesome working with him because he a Gentle man with a good heart, a man who can listen to your heart beat and tell you that everything will be OK, when I contacted Mr Pedro it was on my Facebook page that his advert came up then I visited his office to discuss about the loan offer that he and his company render, He makes me understand how all process go then I decided to give a try to it was successful just like he promised, yeah I believe him, I trust him, I rely on him as well about all my project he will be my dear financial officer and I'm glad my business is probably going well and I'm going makes my business growth like grass with his help.he work's with a great investors and guess what? They also give international loans. Is that not awesome to hear when you know a lot of business project are growing up each day by day in your heart hoping that you going to make income of that job to raise money for the project, Ops, then Mr Pedro will help you with that, Yes international loan he will help you with that perfectly because I trust him very much for that kind of job, Look don't be shy or shaded give a possible try to Mr Pedro here his contact : pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you looking for a positive loan lender to set your financial problem free then you would like pedro loan offer, Pedro offer me a loan at the rate of 3% ROI and all process went smoothly as I expected you can email him if you need any kind of loans Email: pedroloanss@gmail.com Or Whatsapp: +18632310632

    ReplyDelete


  5. Hi buddy,

    I really like your post and i appreciate your work regarding this article. This article is so helpful for me and must say you did great work.

    Racking System Manufacturer in China

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing such a informative post with us, keep sharing your thought

    Underbust Corsets

    ReplyDelete