Thursday, February 19, 2015

Three most common types of mortgages for homebuyers


Image Source: homeguides.sfgate.com



A mortgage is a financial instrument for buying commercial or residential properties without paying the entire amount all at once. It is a legally binding contract; buyers have to be careful in choosing the mortgage that suits their current circumstances to avoid any action from the seller or lender.

For individuals buying property, here are the three most common types of mortgages to choose from:



Image Source: homeloansspringfieldmo.com


Fixed-rate mortgage or FRM. As the name implies, the interest and the monthly payment are fixed for life. Conventional loans protect the buyer from inflation, meaning that even if the rates go up, your rates will stay the same. FRM usually takes 15 to 30 years before the loan is fully paid, and is ideal for people who are planning to stay in the same home for a very long time.

Adjustable-rate mortgage or ARM. The interest rates in this kind of mortgage will remain fixed for a period of time, and then will fluctuate periodically depending on the market. This can be quite beneficial to buyers with short-term plans on their property.

Federal Housing Authority or FHA. Loans insured by the government offer lower down payment rates to people who do not qualify for a conventional home loan.

Mortgage choices are not limited to these three, but before deciding on which loan to get, homebuyers should understand the advantages and disadvantages of each and speak with a qualified mortgage professional for advice.



Image Source: quizzle.com


Steve Liefschultz is the chief executive officer of The Remada Company. For more topics about real estate and mortgages, subscribe to this blog.

3 comments:

  1. I think you have a great article here, But let me share with you all here about my experience with a loan lender called Pedro Loans who helped me expand my business with his loan company that offered me a loan amount of 600,000.00 USD which I used to upgrade my business months ago. He was really awesome working with him because he a Gentle man with a good heart, a man who can listen to your heart beat and tell you that everything will be OK, when I contacted Mr Pedro it was on my Facebook page that his advert came up then I visited his office to discuss about the loan offer that he and his company render, He makes me understand how all process go then I decided to give a try to it was successful just like he promised, yeah I believe him, I trust him, I rely on him as well about all my project he will be my dear financial officer and I'm glad my business is probably going well and I'm going makes my business growth like grass with his help.he work's with a great investors and guess what? They also give international loans. Is that not awesome to hear when you know a lot of business project are growing up each day by day in your heart hoping that you going to make income of that job to raise money for the project, Ops, then Mr Pedro will help you with that, Yes international loan he will help you with that perfectly because I trust him very much for that kind of job, Look don't be shy or shaded give a possible try to Mr Pedro here his contact : pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete


  2. Hi buddy,

    I really like your post and i appreciate your work regarding this article. This article is so helpful for me and must say you did great work.

    Racking System Manufacturer in China

    ReplyDelete

  3. This is an informative post review. I appreciate your efforts and all the best. I am so pleased to get this post article and nice information. I was looking forward to getting such a post which is very helpful to us. Best Steam Presses A big thank for posting this article on this website.

    Buy Corset With Shrug Online

    ReplyDelete